The elderly (and those with special needs) are vulnerable and need help. Despite the increasing need for care, resources are scarce. At Kendrick & Co., we assist with solutions to the challenges you face in finding long-term care for a loved one. We can advocate and assist in the increasingly complex decisions by coordinating care through our network of professional caregivers: physicians, hospitals, senior care, assisted living, skilled nursing facilities, and hospice in the health care community.
Seventy percent of the population aged 65 years and older will need some form of long-term care at some point during our lives. One-in-eight of us aged 65 years and older will experience a dementia-related condition; a full 50% will once we reach age 85. Our society is experiencing a “silver tsunami” for which it is not prepared.
Our firm helps find solutions to improve the quality of life when your loved one needs long-term care such as:
- Being in the least restrictive setting
- Home, independent living, assisted living, adult family homes, skilled nursing facilities
- Safety from falls, avoiding accidents
- Being physically comfortable
- Having appropriate adaptive equipment, having the level of intervention that one voluntarily accepts, having self- determination decisions respected
- Not being a burden to others
- Not becoming a victim of fraud, scams, and abuse
Proper care planning minimizes the isolation, hardships and misunderstandings, lack of support and overwhelming demands resulting from incapacity experienced by a loved one.
We design your tailored care plan to improve quality of life, reduce your own stress and anxiety about long-term care needs, and increase your control of care and assistance.
For more information about how we can help navigate the complex system of transitional care planning, contact Kendrick & Co. We are here to help you secure the most appropriate and compassionate care for your loved one.